Frequently Asked Questions
Domestic Energy Performance Certificates
- How much does a domestic EPC cost?
- How long is a domestic EPC valid for?
- Does the property need to achieve a certain rating?
- For rental properties, from the 1st April 2018 changes to legislation make it unlawful to let residential or commercial properties with an EPC rating of F or G. This applies to new tenancies after that date.
- For sales, the requirement is to have an EPC, regardless of what rating is achieved.
- For renewable energy grants and feed in tariffs, you will need to find out from the specific scheme as to whether a particular rating needs to be achieved.
- Do I need a new EPC if I make a change to my property?
- How long will the inspection take?
- Do I need to be at the property during the inspection?
- What areas of the property do you need to access during the inspection?
- Do I need to prepare anything before you carry out the EPC?
- How will I receive my report once it is complete?
- What if I don't want my details to appear on the public database (EPC Register)?
- How can I make a booking?
- Will my personal details be passed on to any third party?
- If I cancel my EPC appointment, will I be entitled to a full refund?
- Why do I need a SAP Calculation rather than a normal EPC on my property?
- My property was an office before, and has been changed into a flat, do I need a SAP?
- What if one large house has been split in to two houses?
- I've been living in the property for a couple of years - does it still count as new?
- Do you need to visit the property in order to carry out a SAP Calculation?
- How mush does a SAP Calculation cost?